The Worden Law Firm understands that nonprofits of all sizes need legal assistance from time to time, even if they don't have the resources to hire in-house counsel or retain the services of a large law firm. That's why we created the innovative Small Nonprofit Retainer Program.
The Small Nonprofit Retainer Program
The Small Nonprofit Retainer Program is perfect for nonprofit entities that would benefit from legal guidance each month but on a limited basis. The way the program works is simple. For a flat rate of $500 per month, you are allotted five billable hours of an attorney's time each month. It's up to you how that time is spent, with a few exceptions. Some of the tasks the attorneys at the Worden Law Firm can do for your organization include:
- Reviewing all formation and governance documents, including on both the state and federal level
- Helping you navigate solicitation registration requirements, which will vary from state to state
- Structuring the compensation of your employees in a way that will fit within your budget
- Providing guidance on all labor and employment issues
- Explaining all Form 990 requirements
- Providing guidance with board governance issues
- Advising your organization on any potential legal liability issues that might arise
- Discussing tax-exempt requirements and restrictions, such as Unrelated Business Income Tax (UBIT)
- Establishing internal controls and best practices
The Small Nonprofit Retainer Program is your answer to resolving these types of legal issues through expert advice, without busting your budget. What's more, the Worden Law Firm guarantees your request will get a response within 24 hours. That ensures that your needs are met on your schedule.
It is important to note that there are some limitations to the program. It is designed purely for legal advice and transactional work; representation in contested matters is not included. Contested matters include everything from trials to arbitrations to depositions. Anything that is adversarial in nature is outside of the scope of the Small Nonprofit Retainer Program.
To ensure every enrolled organization gets their questions answered promptly, the program has a limited enrollment. Moreover, we will only open the program to organizations with fewer than 10 employees and a mission that resonates with our firm's nonprofit attorneys. Once 50 Oklahoma nonprofit organizations are enrolled, the Worden Law Firm will not admit any additional organizations until space becomes available again.
Get the Guidance You Need from the Worden Law Firm
If you are a small nonprofit in the state of Oklahoma, you can get the benefit of sound legal advice at a fraction of the normal rate. If you would like more information about the Worden Law Firm or their Small Nonprofit Retainer Program, Contact us today.