What do you do if you need emergency guardianship of a minor child?
First, we need to establish why emergency guardianship is needed.
Some examples of when guardianship is necessary includes
- The child's parents are incapacitated,
- The child's parents are incarcerated,
- The child's parent has given up their parental rights,
- The courts revoked the parent's rights and need to place the child in a different environment,
- The child(ren) are in unsafe or neglectful environments.
And who is involved?
- The child(ren),
- The parent(s),
- Any other relatives or parties willing to help,
Any state agencies.
This can be extremely complicated in normal situations, much less under an Oklahoma State of Emergency. But regardless of the current state of affairs, a child's well-being must be protected, especially if they may be, or already are, in harm's way.
As parents ourselves, we never want to see a child suffer. Call us today at (405) 360-8036 if you believe you need emergency guardianship to care for a child, and we will walk alongside you during the entire process.